Monday, October 26, 2009

Krauthammer: Obama's foreign policy not even worthy of being called a 'Doctrine'

The Spiegel interviewed Charles Krauthammer and conversed with him about Barack Obama and the Obama presidency. To read the full interview, click here.

Here's a small sampling:

SPIEGEL: You famously coined the term "Reagan Doctrine" to describe Ronald Reagan's foreign policy. What is the "Obama Doctrine?"

Krauthammer: I would say his vision of the world appears to me to be so naïve that I am not even sure he's able to develop a doctrine... I wouldn't elevate that kind of thinking to a doctrine because I have too much respect for the word doctrine....

SPIEGEL: Is it too early to foresee what Obama will be remembered for?

Krauthammer: It is quite early. It could be his election.

No comments: